Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kale oh Kale....cracked out on KALE

It's that time of year. My internal clock must know that fresh local yummy produce's days are numbered. I cannot get enough of kale. Steamed kale, baked kale, kale casserole, kale stir fry, kale chips...yum! Last night, I was not too hungry. What did I want??? Steamed kale, little hint of salt and fresh squeezed lemon. Roasted some local sweet and blue potatoes on the side. Satisfying dish if i ever saw one!! (Miss Asha enjoyed the kale and potatoes too!) How do you like your kale crack?

2 comments:

  1. Usually just sauteed with oil, garlic, and salt. I've been eating a lot of it, too. I'll use leftover kale in a wrap with hummus for my lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately I'm totally gone on kale chips--can't get enough of 'em! I usually warm coconut or olive oil in a large skillet over very low temp, just so that it's nice & loose. Rip my kale leaves up, toss 'em in and toss 'em around until well coated. Then add seasoning(s) of choice (I have seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, both garlic & onion powder, or cumin, or lemon, garlic & rosemary, or... possibilities are endless). Keep tossing to distribute seasonings. Spread out on baking sheet and bake in LOW oven (250 degrees) for about 35 mins. (more if your kale pieces are pretty big; I go for ample bite size and 35 mins. is perfect).

    ReplyDelete