Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Apparently Tahini is Out to Get Me!

I'm in the kitchen...making a little dinner: heating up some Tuscan Kale Soup with Barley I had made the night before accompanied by steamed Brussel Sprouts in Tahini Dressing. Minding my own business, listening to NPR, stirring the ever-separated tahini when it all of the sudden the quick-as-a-ninja tahini lunged out of the jar, flying at the speed of light into my eyeball...as well as my sleeve, shoulder, over my shoulder and onto the floor. Have you ever had tahini oil in your eye????

So to counteract, I passively tranformed the tahini into a dressing with a few minced garlic cloves, fresh parsley, salt/pepper, water (to thin), and lemon juice. Ate it up before it could seige war against any other bodily part.

I do have to say Tahini Dressing and Brussel Sprouts were a marvelous marriage. yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment