Thursday, October 13, 2011

freaky 13th....and it's not a Friday

Well...hello again.

I has been an ENTIRE year since a post. how lame of me. However, I'm much the wiser...moved, shattered my wrist, lost two cats, laughed, cried, danced. Yup...still truckin'.

I just needed to mention the diggity bomb meal a "kitchen sinker" and I prepared the other night, complete with Dark n' Stormies and a travel Scrabble game....and Ween. lots and lots of Ween.

We both have a everlasting love for Silly's of Portland, Maine's Vegan Thai Pie Pizza...peanut sauce, tofu, scallions, optional vegan mozzarella. simple, yet yum. I have made many attempts to order this delicious meal from the restaurant recently with as many failures for diverse reasons. So....I made Sue's version.

Home-made whole wheat parsley crust, peanut sauce (from scratch), tofu, broccoli, roasted red peppers, fennel, "hen of the woods" mushrooms, local ginger!, carmelized onions. I do have to say....wow! was amazing...though I've got a little project which is called improving my pizza crust recipe.

I love me some appetizers to munch on while I'm cooking. Therefore, we roasted up some delicata rings and whipped up a roasted garlic creamy olive, parsley dipping sauce. Equally yum!

I'll hit you up with recipes in a few.
Viva la kitchen sink!!

On another note....interested in holiday vegan baked goods??? Coming your way to mid-coast Maine soon! give me a shout!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds absolutely delicious! Please plan to make this pizza while you are down visiting!!!

    ReplyDelete