Wednesday, September 15, 2010

shift in season, shift in flava'

Yup. A short but a quickie.
That's what I got for you...

Crisp Autumn mornings makes my head spin and coffee steam. While the leaves change, I fantasize about Apple Crisp and fall goodies. Just the other night, I made a Roasted Veggie Savory Tart with Roasted Garlic Dip. Sure, roasting adds to the cooking time but what a better way to heat your home (though this time of year leaves me desperately missing my wood stove).

I haven't made many tarts YET!! (and I do stress yet. I feel it coming on. the tart explosion.) This one was a free-forming beauty (and sadly the battery died in my camera). I would say about 95+% of the ingredients were local AND organic (which is so sexy to me). The crust needs some improvement, which a-okay with me - just means that I will have to make more! It was super fragile, made with hand-ground walnuts, sesame seeds, flaxseeds along with buckwheat, whole wheat pastry flour, and sun-dried tomato oil.

The garlic dip I feel will be a staple of mine this season. Super delish, super easy. Roasted garlic, ground almonds, and balsamic vinegar... oh my.

For those of you who needs recipes (and I know who you are...) all I can say is, workin on it.
Happy Autumn.

3 comments:

  1. for some reason, I did not mention ANYWHERE my obsession with Delicata Squash. At times, you are my best friend... besides my unbelieveable dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you in the sink. When will we get more? And, yeah, recipes and pics would be a plus. Keep going! ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. soon.... very soon. :) Thanks, Em.

    ReplyDelete